Blackburn has been at the forefront of innovative and effective strategies for more than 10 years working with brands like the Location Based Technologies, American Idol and many local, national and global NGO's.
Her experience spans traditional media relations, social media campaigns and influencer marketing. Her holistic approach ensures your campaign touches all the right channels and your brand message is consistent and actionable.
Jenne and her team will keep your brand on trend and relevant amongst your target audience, building brand advocates and making you part of the online conversation. Most recently she is co-leading the conversation with Gatorade, espnW and Refinery 29 on developing national research to keep young girls in sport. Also in conjunction with espnW she is volunteering to help advance #AthleteActivism to help give tangible support to athletes working and advancing social justice issues on a local and global scale.
Blackburn launched and currently sits on the Board of Directors for the Give It Back Foundation founded by members of the USA Women’s Volleyball Team. Blackburn also serves the community by advising non-profits that aim to keep young girls in sport and confident in life.
Outside of her community work, she has created partnership campaigns with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon and Location Based Technologies (LBT) to keep teen drivers safe with the #ItCanWait Distracted Driver Campaign. At LBT she also created the companies first Social Responsibility Campaign to raise funds for USA public schools.
Blackburn is a graduate of the Baylor University earning her B.A. as a Communications Specialist (Film and Digital Media and Journalism), with a minor in Public Relations. A Baylor she also competed on the Women’s Indoor Volleyball team and upon graduation was awarded the Student Life Achievement Award (Baylor’s highest honor for a student) for her work pioneering programs in the sports department and other international development initiatives. In 2017 she was certified by Wichita State University's "E-Launch" Entrepreneurship Program and certified in Sport Management by Columbia University.
Her research interests include women’s empowerment and the intersection of sport and community development.
Women who inspire me to live life to the fullest.
Technology: Meg Whitman, Marissa Mayer and Sheryl Sandberg
Sport: Sue Enquist, Hilary Shaev, Michelle Kwan
Cause: Samantha Power, Condoleezza Rice, Ophelia Dahl
The secret to these women's success: hard work, honesty, humility and authenticity. #LeanIn
ACCOLADES + EXPERIENCE
Jenne has received the following recognition for her work in the office, in schools and on the volleyball court. Here are the highlights.
- PR and Brand representative for Olympic athletes and Olympic hopefuls
- espnW "Make An Impact" Summit Honoree
- #ItCanWait National Distracted Driver Campaign with AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobil
- Founder of Location Based Technologies first Social Responsibility Fundraiser/Campaign to raise funds for USA Public Schools
- Awarded The American Business Awards for Sales and Customer Service: PocketFinder (Personal GPS Tracker, launched with Apple)
- Co-Producer on American Idol Christmas Extravaganza aired on ABC: benefited NEGU, a pediatric cancer organization
- Public Relations and Brand representative for consumer brands and entertainers, including NBC's Shark Tank and The Voice participants
- Consultant to Grammy Nominated Artists
- Represented Sony Electronics at the NAB National Conference in Las Vegas Nevada
- Student Life Achievement Award from Baylor University, the highest honor for graduating senior for work to pioneer the Baylor Sports Ministry and other on campus programs
- Baylor Volleyball Alumnus and Big 12 Honor Roll
ABROAD + VOLUNTEER
- Honored by Kenyan Prime Minister Dr Fred Okengo Matiani for her visionary work with One Laptop Per Child. Asilong School in West Pokot is the first technology school/lab in Kenya in conjunction with the United Nations Millennium Development Goal
- #NoBallLeftBehind: Helped Haitian Volleyball National Team jump start their National Program after 2011 earthquake with USA Volleyball
- Founded Rehabilitation Center for Kenyan Street Children
- Produced and Directed 3 large community Benefit Concerts, raising over 100,000 to build home in Kitengela, Kenya.
- Booked Grammy nominated and nationally recognized artists
- Co-Founded socially proactive business focused on improving the quality of life for Kenyan women and men living with HIV
- Board Member and the first Executive Director of the Give It Back Foundation founded by the Women's Indoor Olympic Volleyball Team. Currently has raised $40,000 for local charities.
- Volleyball Coach for 12-18 year old young women.